When you are just starting your online business find the right product to sell online is the number one problem. Knowing where to look can help.
- Drop Shipper Directories Drop shippers wholesalers that will ship directly to your customers so that you do not need to invest in the inventory of the store. Directories of drop shippers are for sale online, but make sure you buy one reputation.
- Local Businesses: You may find businesses in your backyard that offers just the right product, but not yet into e-commerce. Offer to sell their products online in exchange for a percentage of any profits you make.
- Crafters: Local crafters are a good source of unique products, and might be willing to lower their prices for you if you buy in bulk. Either buy the item directly, or arrange for a consignment arrangement with them.
- Garage sales and flea markets: G Garage sales are a good place to find items to sell online. Conduct research into the category you are interested in, and then began to explore the sale for a good price.
- eBay: eBay itself can be a source for product. Look for wholesale lots that can be broken up for sale individually.
- Wholesaler Directories: Your local library may have directories of manufacturers, wholesalers, and / or distributors. Most directories are organized by SIC code so that you can zero in on a product category that interested you.
- Trade Shows: Trade shows are a great way to source products. Many traders gather in one place to look for resellers. To find trade shows in a particular industry, contact trade associations and industry publications.
- Importers / Exporters: You might want to consider contacting companies that import goods from abroad. It’s possible to source directly from overseas. It requires a lot of expertise, but many companies do it successfully.